Monday, November 11, 2013

MY FIRST MOOC

I cannot remember how I discovered Coursera.org because I spent too much time browsing the Internet, both at work and at home. However, I used more time at home to study my online courses which I had longed for them since I finished taking online course from Thailand Cyber University(TCU)in November 2010.

My first experimental course was Think Again: How to Reason and Argue. It was 12 weeks long and I didn't mind that. Truthfully, I had thought this course might have taught about how to speak with reasonable messages after thinking twice, so I rushed to enroll it without watching the intro video! It turned out to be a mistake as it was a philosophical course! That recalled my memories when studying this subject in Thai at a teacher's college in my teen years. I did not get much what the lecture explained about it and always left the class dizzily! However, studying it online in English was a different fashion as Walter Sinnott-Armstrong from Duke University and Ram Neta from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill did their great jobs, though I still earned a lot of confusion at the course end.

No comments:

Post a Comment